Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: shocking video

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just watching CNN, and they have discovered some video footage from the show that Dimebag Darrell got shot & killed.

    It shows the dude with the gun running across the stage and out of sight, then a guy in the middle of the screen gets shot in the upper body and runs off stage. you can see the panic as the shooter is wrestled down.

    terrible stuff.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member furicchia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    when this kind of crimes happen (I mean the kind of crimes that happen live and so the're recorded on video) italian TV chooses not to show them on the news, journalists just tell the story. I guess it's a sort of censorship to protect highly emotional people who don't expect to watch such things while having lunch/dinner or just watching TV with kids, but I also do believe this censoship choice goes also to avoid temptation to who could imitate such crimes. I still remember many years ago I happened to see on TV a US bank manager shooting himself in front of a camera. that's something I'm not willing to watch again.
    In a sense I think this censorship is right. But my balls fall to the ground (italian way of saying "I'm very disappointed") when I see newspapers acting the opposite way, and that's the place where journalists write about crimes revealing every smallest detail, I don't agree with that, especially when it comes to facts regarding ********** or weird murders. I easily can imagine how a disturbed mind could wallow in reading these facts. Imitation is just round the corner sometimes, this is scary.

    Cristina

  3. #3
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Post

    I remember that scene....i was in another room at the time but my dad saw the whole thing played out on the tube , i remember him saying something like J.C. ( short version swear words ) or something along those lines ....i ran into the room but by the time i got there to see what was happenin' they had cut or broke away for commercials.

  4. #4
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Post

    oh they actually re-played the video back on the evening news.all you could see was Dwyer standing there and everyone was yelling for him to put the gun down , it was edited and all you saw was the curtain he was standing in front of move after he shot himself...
    funny how you remember things you really shouldn't.... tragic all around and the media plays upon it

  5. #5
    Inactive Member furicchia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes, that was the man.Sorry, I thought he was a bank manager. The site apparently has a video version for every level of visual stomach from people. I think it's not wrong.
    Brain actually has a visual memory, it kind of forgets things but they can be brought up again in the years by an accidental detait that unconciously touches a nerve.

    Cristina

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A "US bank manager"?

    I'm assuming you really mean Pennsylvania's State Treasurer, R. Budd Dwyer.

    http://members.fortunecity.com/budd3/index.htm

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Sometimes you need to show the truth, to put it in people's face so they will do something about it.
    That's the problem with censorship. Nothing will change, especially in America, if it's not shown for the atrocity it is.
    America is a violent country, good or bad, it's the truth.
    Apathy is the killer of the soul, and sometimes it takes a shock to the system to get change in motion.
    I find it strange people are ok with sensoring violence in the news, but not on tv or movies, or video games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic